Waters 486 UV Detector
Waters 486 UV Detector
The Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector is a single-Channel tunable ultraviolet/visible (UV/VIS) detector designed for high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) applications.
The waters 486 tunable absorbance detector can operate as a stand-alone unit (with a chart recorder) or with other Waters system modules, such as the Waters 860 Networking Computer System, or the Water 745/745B or 746 integrators.
The waters 486 tunable absorbance detector provides a usable light intensity over the wavelength range of 190-600 nanometers (nm), Although its primary use is in the ultraviolet wavelength range between 190 and 380 nanometers. The maximum sensitivity of the instrument is 0.001 absorbance units full scale (AUFS).
Wavelength range and sensitivity
The Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector provides a usable light intensity over the wavelength range 190 to 600 nanometers (nm), although its primary use is in the ultraviolet range between 190 and 380 nm. The maximum sensitivity of the instrument is 0.001 absorbance units full scale (AUFS).
The Waters 486 tunable absorbance detector offers the following features:
- Easy to use operator interface
- Self-calibration to ensure wavelength accuracy
- Battery backup to retain parameter settings when the detector is powered down or during power interruptions
- A deuterium arc lamp
- The patented Taper-Cell flow cell design, which reduces interference caused by refractive index effects.
- Optional cells:
- High-pressure (optimized for operation in LC/MS) Lamp shut-off to lengthen usable lamp life
- User-selectable chart mark on IV integrator output (standard on 10 mV)
- Wavelength scanning to determine optimal wavelength
- Diagnostic routines to verify proper functioning
- A modular design for easy servicing
- Wavelength range (single, fixed wavelength): 190 to 600 nm
- Wavelength accuracy: 2 nm
- Wavelength repeatability: 0.25 nm
- Noise: 1.0 x 10-5 AU, 1 second filter setting, 210 to 280 nm) dry cell
- 1.0 x 10-4 AU per C (after warm-up)
- 1.0 x 10-4 AU per hour (after warm-up)
- Sensitivity Setting Range: 0.001 to 2.0 AUFS (under software control)
- Filter Setting Range: 0.1 to 5.0 seconds (under software control)
- Bandwidth: 8 nm
Optical Component Specifications
- Lamp Source: Deuterium arc lamp
- Flow cell: Dual beam Taper-Cell design
- Path length: 10 mm (standard, analytical)
- Cell volume: 8 ul (standard, analytical)
- Pressure limit: 1000 psi
- Materials: 316 stainless steel, Dynasil Suprasil II, Teflon
- Operating temperature: 15 to 32.2 C
- Operating humidity: 20 to 80%, non-condensing
- Shipping and storage temperature: -40 to 65 C
- Shipping and storage humidity: 20 to 80% non-condensing
Refurbished instruments information
If you find a product which is of interest for your lab, please ask for more information and
we will send you more photos and details about the instrument. If your lab is nearby or you are
making a trip to the Uppsala-Stockholm region in Sweden, please pay us a visit and investigate our stock
of instruments yourself!
Knivsta is situated just between Uppsala and Arlanda airport, 15 minutes by car to either
and 30 – 40 minutes by car from Stockholm.
All refurbished instruments and complete analytical systems from Elsichrom are thoroughly tested
in our own lab before delivery. All functions are tested to specifications and printed test results
are enclosed. As an extra safety precaution you as a customer get 3 months function warranty.
Within Scandinavia with DPD in boxes or on pallet, depending on size of shipment.
International shipping is done via truck, air freight or DPD, whichever is most convenient
for the customer. In connection with an order, we will send you a shipping cost quotation
before any delivery takes place.
Normally 5 – 10 days depending on size of order.
Order can be paid directly via internet transfer to Elsichrom. All details can be found on
the proforma invoice. Shipment is done immediately after prepayment.